and move on

#2 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:52 PM

PUG matches do not prove anything, save for PUGs gonna PUG.

#3 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:53 PM

View PostDiamondDwarf, on 01 March 2016 - 01:46 PM, said:

Fix Matchmaking PGI. Game is unplayable.

Also you can fix mech glitching and your absurd bad graphic engine.
Yeah and the bad textur hitboxes too.

I cant see any big enhancements over the time in this game.
What are you doing with the money from your lol mech sales ?

To find a quickplay match these days takes longer and longer.

I know why.

Oh boy, here I go.

1. They have mentioned earlier this year that they are transferring over to a new game engine.
2. What mech glitching do you speak of.
3. There's been a lot of improvements to this game that you don't even care to think about. (2013 compared to 2015 anyone?)
4.The money that they get from the Mech packs goes to their company, their paychecks, and this game. (You also forget about the current situation worldwide right now, $50USD= $150 Canadian)
5.To find a quickplay takes no longer than 20 seconds.
6. I find this to be a lackluster post, a troll at that.

And.... Magic 7:

7. You need to think about what you post before you say, because there is little to no information about these so called problems.

9.99/10 would agree that this thread here is from the past, or just a troll post.

#4 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:54 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 01 March 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

PUG match quality says a lot because the majority of players... PUG.

If you alienate the PUG players by giving them poor quality of matches... they will... quit.

#5 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:57 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 01 March 2016 - 01:53 PM, said:

4.The money that they get from the Mech packs goes to their company, their paychecks, and this game. (You also forget about the current situation worldwide right now, $50USD= $150 Canadian)

Actually $50.00 = 67.03 Canadian.

Source:

https://finance.yaho...D;to=CAD;amt=50

#6 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:01 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 01 March 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

If you alienate the PUG players by giving them poor quality of matches... they will... quit.

PUG player here.

My match quality is fine.

Stop having unrealistic expectations of this game because things worked differently in the latest Call of Duty, and your expectations will be met far more often.

#7 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:10 PM

well PGI can't just make them all "git gud" now can they?

#8 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:11 PM

View Post1453 R, on 01 March 2016 - 02:01 PM, said:

PUG player here.

My match quality is fine.

Stop having unrealistic expectations of this game because things worked differently in the latest Call of Duty, and your expectations will be met far more often.

What as Call of Duty? Is that a brand of toilet paper or something?

Rolls are exceptionally common in higher tiers. They are not fun games.

#9 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,998 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:16 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 01 March 2016 - 01:52 PM, said:

if most of the game is made up from PUGs how can you say this

I would thing everything matters

#10 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:17 PM

So you expect some sort of constant when you have 24 players with no connection and often no communication?
There is no practical way to control the inherent chaos of the human element in that equation.

90% of the time Im testing a new idea, build, mech (or just screwing around) etc etc it is going to be in the PUG que. I do not honestly care about the outcome of the match. And for various other reasons, it is the same for others.

#11 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:20 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 01 March 2016 - 02:17 PM, said:

So you expect some sort of constant when you have 24 players with no connection and often no communication?
There is no practical way to control the inherent chaos of the human element in that equation.

Sure there is.

Penalize the sub-100s (those players that consistently fail to break 100 pts of damage... or 150... or even up to 200).

If they repeatedly score badly, throw them on the PUGisland™ with all the other sub-100s. Only let them leave when they start performing better... or a day of real time passes. Second sentence to the island buys you a week there. Third buys you a month. The longest you can be on it is a month but it will segregate the folks who are harming the game with bad playstyles to a place where they'll be happy with like minded players.

Everyone wins.

#12 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:25 PM

Every collision ever.

3. There's been a lot of improvements to this game that you don't even care to think about. (2013 compared to 2015 anyone?)

2013 looked miles better than now. PGI has only lowered the graphics fidelity over time instead of taking the time to optimise properly.

5.To find a quickplay takes no longer than 20 seconds.

Try playing at Tier 1 outside of peak hours. One minute is about my average wait time. Add in another minute for the map vote and map loading, another in another minute for the "everybody takes 80 seconds to connect" screen.

#13 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:27 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 01 March 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

What as Call of Duty? Is that a brand of toilet paper or something?

Rolls are exceptionally common in higher tiers. They are not fun games.

And Piranha has nothing to do with that. Rolls/stomps are a function of the fundamental nature of MWO and the fact that snowballing is incredibly easy in this game. Two teams of perfectly evenly matched players can have a close-fought game that results in a 12-2, while two squads of derps can engage in a 12-10 where the three players in the match with a clue are spectating and going "neither of these teams deserves to win a damn thing this game. What a bunch of *******."

The sooner people STAAAAHP blaming the matchmaker for being the Root Of All Evil, the happier the MWO player population will be.

#14 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:29 PM

View Post1453 R, on 01 March 2016 - 02:27 PM, said:

And Piranha has nothing to do with that. Rolls/stomps are a function of the fundamental nature of MWO and the fact that snowballing is incredibly easy in this game. Two teams of perfectly evenly matched players can have a close-fought game that results in a 12-2, while two squads of derps can engage in a 12-10 where the three players in the match with a clue are spectating and going "neither of these teams deserves to win a damn thing this game. What a bunch of *******."

The sooner people STAAAAHP blaming the matchmaker for being the Root Of All Evil, the happier the MWO player population will be.

Sorry, but when you have six or seven players taking a 'mech with a LRM 10, 2x medium lasers, an AC/2 and a PPC... and they do less than 150 damage (where five do sub-100)... you have a problem... that a good matchmaker can solve.

There is no excuse for allowing bad players to dirty the pool. It isn't fun for the players who play to win and it isn't fun for the bad players, either, since they get their faces stomped in.

The net result is everyone is pissed off.

#15 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:30 PM

View PostTarogato, on 01 March 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

Try playing at Tier 1 outside of peak hours. One minute is about my average wait time. Add in another minute for the map vote and map loading, another in another minute for the "everybody takes 80 seconds to connect" screen.

So a one minute wait for a game outside of peak hours is a long wait? Just trying to clarify if that's a long or short wait in your opinion.

#16 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:31 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 01 March 2016 - 02:20 PM, said:

Sure there is.

Penalize the sub-100s (those players that consistently fail to break 100 pts of damage... or 150... or even up to 200).

If they repeatedly score badly, throw them on the PUGisland™ with all the other sub-100s. Only let them leave when they start performing better... or a day of real time passes. Second sentence to the island buys you a week there. Third buys you a month. The longest you can be on it is a month but it will segregate the folks who are harming the game with bad playstyles to a place where they'll be happy with like minded players.

Everyone wins.

All you have done is advocate a tier6. That does nothing to protect against a 12-0 stomp.

12-0 stomps happen all the time in higher tier PUG matches. Is it because everybody on one side is absolutely better than the other and the PSR is completely broken (it is a little broken to be fair)?

Or rather, is it because 12 people that do not play together and probably are not talking to each other are not likely to have good results?

#17 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:31 PM

View PostTarogato, on 01 March 2016 - 02:25 PM, said:

Every collision ever.

2013 looked miles better than now. PGI has only lowered the graphics fidelity over time instead of taking the time to optimise properly.

Tarogato, how was the content in 2013 better than in 2015? Graphics was a no brainer of course, but I bet you can't say you didn't want the clans, the black knight, the zeus, the warhammer, the marauder, or ANY of the new mechs, maps, content that's been added since 2013.

And playing Tier 1 outside of peak hours? I don't know when peak hours are, I always get a match within 20 seconds, even when I was at the tip of tier 3 and before.

#18 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:35 PM

p.s.
if "name and shame" were not verboten I would post screen shots of some respected and well know "comp" players getting the guts stomped in on PUG matches.

Its gonna happen, live with it.

#19 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:35 PM

View PostBoogie138, on 01 March 2016 - 02:31 PM, said:

All you have done is advocate a tier6. That does nothing to protect against a 12-0 stomp.

12-0 stomps happen all the time in higher tier PUG matches. Is it because everybody on one side is absolutely better than the other and the PSR is completely broken (it is a little broken to be fair)?

Or rather, is it because 12 people that do not play together and probably are not talking to each other are not likely to have good results?

We have VOIP. There is no need to over analyze the problem. Segregation of bad players is the solution. Everyone will have a better time.

#20 thehiddenedge

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:36 PM

I think he's referring to the collisions here. That's actually quite a valid point. Getting magically teleported in the middle of a fight is BS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users